From a direct point of view, you can’t transfer money from Visa gift card to Cash App. But that is not to say that it is not possible. In fact, you can. But transferring money from a Visa gift card to Cash App can be a bit complex.
Many users have been stuck in this issue and the online community has also shared mixed opinions and methods about this process. Below are things we have generally from what users have to say:
- It Might not be possible. Some users people say that transferring funds from a Visa gift card to Cash App is usually not possible, especially if you are under 18.
- Need a bank account. Others mention that you need a bank account to make the transfer, and they offered to provide more details via text.
- Alternative methods. And the big news is that there are alternative methods for sending money from Visa to Cash App, such as using PayPal or opening accounts at traditional banks, or credit unions.
- Create a PayPal account, transfer the Visa gift card balance to PayPal, then to your bank, and finally to Cash App.
- Go to Walmart, get a money order for the amount on the Visa Gift Card, run the gift card as debit, and cash the money order.
- Buy something with the Visa gift card’s balance, sell it on eBay, and transfer the money to Cash App.
- Create a second Cash App account, request an invoice to your main account, pay for it with the Visa Gift Card, and transfer to your Cash App card (Note: might not work if the card isn’t bank-issued).
Can You Transfer Cash from a Visa Gift Card?
Yes, you can convert a Visa gift card to cash but not directly if you are using Cash App. While you can’t directly withdraw money from a Visa gift card at an ATM, there are several ways to turn the balance into cash. Some of the methods include:
- Selling the Gift Card. You can sell the Visa gift card to a private individual or a website that specializes in buying gift cards.
- Using PayPal or Venmo. You can add the Visa gift card to your PayPal or Venmo account and then transfer the balance to your bank account.
- Gift Card Exchange Kiosks. You can find kiosks in shopping malls and supermarkets that allow you to trade gift card for cash.
- Buying and Reselling Items. You can use the Visa gift card to buy items and then resell them for cash.
- Paying Bills. You can use the Visa gift card to pay bills, effectively using the balance like cash.
And, of course, Cash App comes in because it is the focus of this guide. So, you will learn how to move funds from a Visa gift card to Cash App (using walkarounds). We have also included alternative methods in case this does not work for you.
How to Transfer Money from Visa Gift Card to Cash App
Cash App, one of the untraceable money transfer apps, does not provide a tap-to-send button for moving funds from your Visa gift card. So, our focus is now on those methods that can help to bypass this problem. All said, below are the ways to transfer money from Visa gift card to Cash App:
1. Through PayPal (If You Have an Account)
- Create a free PayPal account if you don’t have one.
- Transfer the Visa Gift Card balance to PayPal.
- Transfer the balance from PayPal to your bank (if you have one).
- Finally, transfer the money to Cash App.
2. Using Money Services Desk at Walmart
- Go to the money services desk at your local Walmart.
- Get a money order for the amount on the Visa Gift Card (e.g., $100 Visa GC – ask for a MO for $98 – $1.30 fee).
- Run the gift card as debit (usually, the PIN is the last four digits of the gift card number).
- Cash the money order.
3. Buy and Sell Method
- Buy something with your Visa’s balance.
- Sell it on eBay for the same amount or more.
- Transfer the money to Cash App.
4. Using a Second Account (Might Not Work)
- Create a second Cash App account.
- Request an invoice to your main account.
- Pay for it with the Visa Gift Card.
- Transfer to your Cash App card.
- Note: Some users have reported that this method may not work if the card isn’t bank-issued.
How to Send a Visa Gift Card with Cash App
You could always send your Visa gift card to someone who needs it, then they will give you Cash in return. If you have to follow this method, these are steps to send a Visa gift card on Cash App.
- Add Visa Gift Card to Cash App:
- Open Cash App.
- Go to the “Banking” tab.
- Select “Add Debit/Credit Card.”
- Enter the Visa Gift Card information.
- Transfer Funds from Visa Gift Card to Cash App Balance:
- Go to the “Banking” tab.
- Select “Add Cash.”
- Choose the amount from the Visa Gift Card.
- Confirm the transfer.
- Verify the Transfer:
- Check your Cash App balance to ensure the funds have been added.
You can send gift cards to friends and family directly through Cash App, and they can be used for online or in-store purchases. All gift card balances live within Cash App and are available to use instantly with a Cash Card.
You can review all gift card transactions in your Activity tab or online at Cash.app/account.
How to Manage All Available Gift Cards in Cash App
Cash App allows you to view and manage all your available gift cards and their balances directly from the Cash Card tab.
- Tap the Cash Card Tab (this is where you can view all available gift cards).
- View All Available Gift Cards (you’ll see a list of all the gift cards you have).
- Select a Gift Card to Expand Its Details.
- You can only store, spend, and manage gift cards that were originally sent within Cash App.
- Any external gift cards, including physical gift cards, cannot be stored, spent, or managed in your app.
- If you have an available gift card, the balance is not included in your available Cash App balance displayed in the Money tab.
- How to Send a Gift Card with Cash App. Cash App
- How to Manage All Available Gift Cards. Cash App
- Supported Cards with Cash App. Cash App
We will send more information to your email. Don't miss out.