Can I send money to myself Western Union? Yes, you can use the Western Union TravelWiseSM service to send money to yourself. This service works for international travelers who need a way to access their travel funds without carrying a lot of cash.
The process is generally simple. So, in this post, you will find out how to send money to yourself using Western Union TravelWiseSM.
Can I Send Money to Myself Western Union?
You can send money to yourself through Western Union using the TravelWiseSM service. This can be quite useful, especially when you’re traveling and don’t want to carry a lot of cash.
*TravelWiseSM service is primarily intended for travelers.
One thing to be aware of is that some people have mentioned that if you’re sending money to yourself, and both the sending and receiving locations are the same, there might be some issues with processing the payment smoothly. So, always double-check the details when using this method.
Meanwhile, I also discussed other ways you can use to send money to yourself other than Western Union.
Reasons to Use Western Union to Send Money to Yourself
As an international traveler, you might often face unexpected situations during journeys. Western Union’s TravelWise service provides a solution so that you can eliminate the need to carry large amounts of cash when traveling abroad.
The reasons you should use Western Union include:
- You can send money to your destination before you even start your trip.
- This service is available in most countries.
- You are allowed to have local currency waiting for you when you arrive at your destination.
- TravelWise offers several advantages beyond just sending money to yourself:
- You can conveniently access your cash at a vast global network of more than 500,000 agent locations.
- Lock in your exchange rate before you travel, helping you plan your budget more effectively.
- Create a “stash fund” for unforeseen expenses, providing you with financial security.
- You have the option to send money to yourself using the TravelWise service either online or at an agent location.
How to Send Money to Yourself Using Western Union
You can send money to yourself on Western Union in two ways—online and in person using the agent location.
- Visit the Western Union website.
- Register if you haven’t.
- Select your destination country.
- Enter the amount.
- Select cash at an agent location for the receiving method.
- Pay with your credit or debit card (issued by a U.S. bank).
- Enter your name. In some cases, you might also need to provide a test. question and answer for security reasons.
- Click Continue to enter your payment information and complete the transaction.
- You will receive an email confirmation. Save the tracking number (MTCN) sent to you.
2. At an Agent Location
- Find a nearby agent location.
- Fill out the Send Money form, and make sure to use your name as both the sender and receiver.
- Pay the required amount and fee in cash.
- Keep the receipt and MTCN.
Be sure to save your receipt and note down the tracking number (MTCN) provided to you. You will need this tracking number to collect your money at your destination.
How to Pick Up the Money Sent to Yourself
- Once you reach your destination, find a participating Western Union agent location.
- Provide the agent with your MTCN to locate your transaction.
- The agent will then give you your money in cash.
Note that Western Union allows you to check the status of your money transfer. Follow these steps to check the status of the money you send to yourself using Western Union:
- Click Track Transfer on the top of each page on Western Union website or tap Track Transfer on the smartphone app.
- Enter the following information to display the transfer status:
- Tracking number (MTCN) or your phone number.
- Your destination country.
- Amount sent.
How Much Does it Cost to Send Money to Myself Using the Western Union TravelWise Service?
You can find the cost by visiting their website and using the Estimate Price tool.
Follow these steps:
- Go to www.westernunion.com.
- Click Estimate Price.
If you’re sending money internationally, the estimator will show you the exchange rate and the amount you can pick up in the local currency at your destination.
How Much Can I Send with the Western Union TravelWise Service?
If you have questions about a specific amount you’re sending or a specific country, please call Customer Care at 1-800-325-6000.
Can You Cancel Western Union Transfer to Yourself?
Yes, you can cancel or stop a Western Union TravelWise money transfer to yourself. However, this only works if you have not yet picked up the money. You can always call the customer care centers for help.
Conclusion—Can I Send Money to Myself Western Union?
Thanks to Western Union’s TravelWise, you can send money to yourself. Remember to always keep your tracking number (MTCN) safe, as you need it to pick up your money. If you face any issues or need assistance, Western Union’s Customer Care is available to help.
You can contact Western Union for help resolving using the Mail Customer Care (Western Union Financial Services, Inc. PO Box 6036 Englewood, CO 80112) or by phone (- 1-800-325-6000). TTY users can use 1-800-877-8973. If you are outside the U.S., select your country’s website and call the local number on that country’s Contact Us page.
We will send more information to your email. Don't miss out.