You probably found yourself needing to send money from Cash App to Venmo and that’s OK because it’s somewhat possible. Perhaps you want to split expenses with a friend who prefers using Venmo. Or maybe you’ve stumbled upon a killer deal and want to use your Venmo balance to make the purchase Whatever the reason, we’ve got you covered.
Can you send money from Cash App to Venmo?
Here’s the truth – You can’t send money directly from Cash App to Venmo. Cash App does not provide any button that says “Tap to send to Venmo”.
There are three indirect workarounds to send money from Cash App to Venmo. Here are the three methods to send money from Cash App to Venmo.
- Transfer with bank account – Simply transfer to your bank account from Cash App, and then add that bank account to your Venmo account to get the funds out.
- Transfer with Cash App Card – Add your Cash App card to your Venmo account. This way, Venmo treats your Cash App card just like any other debit card; allowing you to pull funds from it directly.
- Transfer by setting up direct deposit on your Cash App – Similar to the bank account method but with a little twist.
Now, let’s begin examining each method in greater detail.
How to send money from Cash App to Venmo with bank account
If you have a bank account, then you’re halfway through. All you need to do is to follow the steps below:
1. Linking your bank account
The first step in our money transfer odyssey is to ensure your bank account is properly linked to both Cash App and Venmo. This will enable seamless transfers between the two platforms without any hiccups.
a. Open Cash App and Tap on the profile icon
Locate the Cash App icon on your smartphone and tap on it to open the app. Once inside, you’ll find a profile icon usually represented by a circular image or your initials.
b. Tap “Banking” and select “Add a Bank”
Within the profile settings, look for the “Banking” option and tap on it. From the list of options that appear, choose “Add a Bank.”¹ Cash App will guide you through the process of linking your bank account. Follow the prompts and enter the necessary information. You can even link your Cash App to bank withdout card.
c. Repeat the process in Venmo
Now that your bank account is linked to Cash App, repeat the same process within the Venmo app. Open Venmo, access your profile settings, and locate the option to add a bank account. Enter the required information and complete the linking process.²
2. Initiate the transfer
Now that both Cash App and Venmo are synchronized with your bank account, it’s time to initiate the actual money transfer.
a. Open Cash App and navigate to the Balance tab
Launch Cash App on your smartphone and navigate to the “Balance” tab, typically located at the bottom center of the screen. This is where you’ll find your current Cash App balance and other related options.
b. Tap “Cash Out” and enter the desired amount
Within the Balance tab, locate and tap the Cash Out option. Enter the amount of money to transfer from Cash App to Venmo. Double-check the amount to avoid any accidental transfers.
c. Choose “Standard” or “Instant” transfer option
Cash App provides two transfer options: Standard and Instant transfer. Standard transfers are usually free of charge but may take a couple of business days to complete. On the other hand, instant transfers are lightning-fast but will cost you 1% of the amount you’re transferring, or $10 (whichever is less). However, the minimum transfer fee that you will have to pay on any transfer is $0.25. So, choose the option that best suits your needs.³
d. Confirm the transfer and enter your Cash App PIN
Once you’ve reviewed all the details and are satisfied, confirm the transfer. Cash App will prompt you to enter your PIN for security purposes. Enter your PIN and get ready to bid farewell to your funds temporarily.
If the transfer is instant, the money will reflect almost immediately in your bank account when you complete the transfer. However, if it’s a standard transfer, then you’ll have to wait until the day indicated in Cash App for the money to go through.
3. Withdraw to Venmo
a. Open Venmo and Tap on the “☰” Menu button
While your funds are making their way to Venmo, open the Venmo app on your smartphone. Look for the “☰” menu icon, which is typically found in the top left or right corner of the screen. Tap on it to access the main menu.
b. Tap on “Manage Balance” and select “Add Money”
Within the Venmo menu, locate the “Manage Balance” option and tap on it. From the list of available options, select “Add Money.”⁴ This will enable you to add the transferred funds from Cash App to your Venmo balance.
c. Enter the amount and confirm the transfer
Enter the exact amount you transferred from Cash App and double-check for any typos. Once you’re certain, confirm the transfer. Your money will be seamlessly added to your Venmo balance, ready to be used for all your payment needs.
How to send money from Cash App to Venmo using Cash App Cash Card
This is the second method on the list. The easiest way to send money from Cash App to Venmo is by adding your Cash App Cash Card to your Venmo account.
This way, Venmo can treat the Cash App card like any other debit card. In other words, you can send money from Cash App to Venmo with Cash App card.
Here’s how to add Cash App Cash Card to Venmo.
- Open the Venmo app and tap the Menu button at the top (represented by three horizontal lines).
- Under Settings, select Payment Methods.
- Tap on Add Bank or Card, and then choose Card.⁵
- Add your Cash App debit card by either using your phone’s camera or entering the card details manually.
- Your Cash App card should now be added to your Venmo app.
Transfer with Cash App Cash Card:
- Now, let’s try transferring $3 from Cash App to Venmo as a test:
- From the Venmo app, tap the Menu button at the top.
- Tap on Manage Balance.
- Select Transfer to Bank.
- Enter the amount of money you want to transfer (for this test, it’s $3).
- Tap Instant.
- Finally, hit Transfer.
If the test transfer is successful, then you can transfer more funds from Cash App to Venmo using the same steps.
How to send money from Cash App to Venmo through direct deposit
Don’t be surprised, direct deposits are another method to send money from Cash App to Venmo. The first is to set up direct deposit on your Cash App.
- Open the Cash App on your smartphone.
- Tap on the “My Cash” tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Direct Deposit.
- You’ll be presented with an account and routing number. Take note of this information.
- Provide the account and routing number to your employer or the entity responsible for your direct deposits.
- Once your direct deposit is initiated, Cash App will notify you via email or through the app.
- The deposited funds will be added to your Cash App balance, which you can then transfer to Venmo using the steps outlined in the previous section.⁶
To add the details of your Cash App bank to Venmo, follow these steps:
- Open the Venmo app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner to access the menu.
- Search for “Settings” and select it.
- Look for “Payment Methods” within the settings and tap on it.
- Choose “Add bank or card.”
- Enter the bank information provided by Cash App, including the account and routing number.
- Follow the verification steps as prompted by Venmo.
With the direct deposit set up on Cash App and the bank information added to Venmo, you can conveniently receive funds through direct deposit and easily transfer them between the two platforms.
What to do if the transfer doesn’t go through
In the unlikely event that your transfer encounters some turbulence along the way, don’t panic. We’ve got a few troubleshooting tips up our sleeves to help you overcome any obstacles.
Ensure you have a stable internet connection throughout the transfer process. Poor connectivity can lead to delays or failed transfers.
Double-check that your bank account is properly linked to both Cash App and Venmo. If there are any discrepancies, update the information accordingly.
If all else fails, reach out to the customer support teams of Cash App and Venmo. They have dedicated professionals who can provide personalized assistance to resolve any issues you may encounter.
How to get a Cash App Card?
Getting your Cash App Card is a simple and free process. Here’s how you can get your own Cash App Card:
- Open the Cash App on your mobile device.
- Look for the little card button located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap Get Free Cash Card.
- You’ll have the option to choose the style or color of your card. Be aware that some colors may have a small fee associated with them.
- If you’d like, you can tap Personalize Card to add your own drawing or stamp to make it unique.
- Once you’re satisfied with your choices, click Order Card.
- Cash App will provide you with your new credit card number right away. You can start using this number for online purchases immediately.
Your physical Cash App Card will be delivered to you by mail within 5-10 business days.
Why is Venmo declining my Cash App card?
In case you encounter any problems adding your Cash App card to Venmo, try removing the card from Venmo and adding it again (remember to double-check that you’ve entered all the numbers correctly).
In addition to this, you need to be sure that you have sufficient funds available in your Cash App balance by checking your Cash App account. This way, you can avoid any issues or declines during the transfer process.
We have also covered in detail why Venmo won’t let you add your Cash App debit card.
Can you use instant transfer for Cash App to Venmo?
No, you cannot use Cash App’s instant transfer feature to send money directly to Venmo. Instant Transfer is only applicable to your bank account.
Cash App offers a convenient way to send money instantly and for free to other Cash App users. However, if you want to transfer money from your Cash App balance to your bank account, it may take 1-3 business days for the funds to be available.
To expedite the transfer process, Cash App provides the option of instant transfer. With instant transfer, you can choose to have your funds sent to your bank account instantly, but a small fee will apply.
There you have it, the three indirect ways to send money from Cash App to Venmo. Nonetheless, as with all things in the fintech space, the process and features mentioned in this article may be subject to change by the respective platforms.
So, its best to always refer to the official documentation and customer support channels of Cash App and Venmo for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Read also: fund a Venmo today without your bank
- Add Bank Account. Cash App
- Adding a Bank Account. Venmo
- Cash Out Instructions. Cash App
- Adding Money to Your Venmo Balance. Venmo
- Adding a Credit or Debit Card. Venmo
- Set Up Direct Deposit. Cash App
Read also: Cash App works at gas stations without card
We will send more information to your email. Don't miss out.