Where can I add money to my Cash App Card? It seems there’s some confusion about where you can do this—but you don’t have to be confused. Google suggests several retailers such as 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, and Walgreens, and all of them offer this service. Some say Walmart is an option, and that is true—I have used Walmart to fund my Cash App Cash Card several times.
So, if you’re holding cash and wish to deposit it onto your Cash Card, many stores, including Walmart, 7-Eleven, and Walgreens, might be your go-to places. However, ATMs won’t allow you to load money onto your Cash Card, though you can use it to withdraw from your Cash App balance. Alternatively, you can always transfer funds from your bank account directly to Cash App. This guide will provide you with working methods to add cash to Cash App Card, whether you’re using an iPhone or Android.
Where Can I Add Money to My Cash App Card?
You can indeed add money to your Cash App card at CVS.
Even if Cash App doesn’t officially list CVS, I’ve done it there, and here is how:
- Open your Cash App.
- Tap the bottom left corner where your balance is shown.
- Click on “more ways to add money” and then select “paper money.”
- Tap “show barcode” below the map.
- The cashier will scan this barcode. You can add as much money as you want, but there’s a $1 fee. If the cashier seems unsure, they might not be familiar with the process or might be hesitant to try something new.
Want to add money to Cash App card at Walmart? Just provide the cashier with your Cash App number and the amount you wish to deposit.
There might be a service fee, so it’s a good idea to ask the cashier about it. Once done, you can use the money with your Cash App card.
3. Dollar General
At Dollar General, you can add money to Cash App card. Hand over your Cash App number and the amount to the cashier. They might charge a service fee, so inquire about it. After depositing, you can spend the money using your Cash App card.
4. Rite Aid
To add funds to your Cash App at Rite Aid, simply give the cashier your Cash App number and the amount. The money should reflect in your Cash App card immediately, minus any service charge.
At 7-Eleven, provide the cashier with your Cash App number and the amount you wish to deposit. They might have a service fee, so do check. Once the money is in your Cash App, you can use it with your card.
Other places where you can add money to Cash App card include:
- Duane Reade
- Kum & Go
- Family Dollar
- TravelCenters of America
- Pilot Travel Centers
How Do I Add Physical Cash to Cash App Card?
To add money to Cash App card, you can deposit paper money at select retailers.
Follow these steps to add money to your Cash App at participating retailers mentioned earlier.
1. Locate a Deposit Store
- Open your Cash App and tap on the Banking tab.
- Choose the ‘Paper Money’ option.
- Use the map provided or the search bar to find a nearby deposit location.
Once you’ve identified a store, you can either get directions or copy the address to your favorite navigation tool.
2. Tell the Cashier You Want to Add Money
When you’re at the store, inform the cashier that you wish to add funds to your Cash App using your barcode.
If they seem unsure, you can guide them by showing the instructions available by tapping the ‘?’ on your map.
Some stores might request to see your ID for verification. Make sure to comply with any store-specific policies.
3. Give the Money to the Cashier
Hand over the cash amount you want to deposit to the cashier. After they scan the barcode from your Cash App, the amount will reflect in your Cash App balance. It’s a good idea to keep the receipt for your records.
4. Know the Fees
Cash App deducts a $1 processing fee for every paper money deposit. This amount is taken directly from the money you are depositing.
For the deposit to work, the cashier needs to scan the barcode in your Cash App. If they suggest swiping your Cash Card, ask them to scan the barcode instead.
What’s the Cash Limit?
You can deposit a maximum of $1,000 within a 7-day rolling period.
For a 30-day rolling period, the limit is $4,000.
Each deposit should be at least $5 but no more than $500.
Remember, the 7-day and 30-day limits are calculated on a rolling basis. If you reach a deposit limit, Cash App will notify you and provide further details.
How to Add Money to Cash App Card Using Bank
If you cannot make it to any of these stores where you can add money to Cash App card, consider adding funds from your bank to Cash Card.
1. Link your bank to Cash App
First, you need to link your bank to Cash App.
- Launch the Cash App. It’s the app with a white dollar sign on a green backdrop.
- Click the profile symbol, located at the top-right.
- Before you can link a bank, ensure you’ve added a debit card. If you’ve done that, tap on Linked Banks found below the Personal section. A menu will pop up.
- Tap Link Bank. If you’ve linked banks or cards before, they’ll be listed under the Accounts section. Sometimes, you might see “Link Credit Card” instead.
- Press Continue. Cash App collaborates with “Plaid” to help you link your bank.
- A list of popular banks will appear. If yours isn’t there, use the search bar. Once you find it, your bank’s login page will show up.
- Use your online banking email or username and password to log in.
- Most of the time, you’ll be asked for a security code. Choose either “Text” for SMS or “Email” for an email code. Input the code on the following page and tap Submit.
- If you have both Checking and Savings accounts, pick the one you’d like to connect to Cash App. Once done, a message saying “Bank account was successfully linked” will appear. Now, you’re set to transfer money to your Cash Card from your bank.
2. Transfer funds to Cash App
For the next steps below, you will learn how to transfer money from your bank to Cash App card.
- Open Cash App and select the Banking tab. It’s represented by a $ or bank icon at the screen’s bottom.
- If you’ve linked your bank and wish to fund your account, it’s straightforward. If you have physical cash, consider depositing it at an ATM first. Then, tap “Add Cash” found beneath your cash balance.
- Choose a specific amount to transfer. You can pick from the given options or tap ••• for a custom amount.
- Press the green “Add” button. Cash App will instantly move the funds from your bank or card to your Cash Card balance.
You have now successfully added money to your Cash App Cash Card and can withdraw from it at the ATM.
Like you, many people want to know how to fund their Cash App card, especially if they are after purchasing Bitcoin.
You have a couple of options: either through your bank or at a retail store. Choose whichever suits you best, as both methods allow you to access your funds right away. However, be aware that some stores might charge a $4 fee for in-store cash loads, and not every store offers Cash App deposit services.
While Cash App isn’t your typical bank, adding money to your Cash Card is simple. The Cash App mobile app also provides all the guidance you need, and many users find it convenient that numerous retailers support cash reloads.
We will send more information to your email. Don't miss out.